Texas is the place to be. The weather this Saturday was absolutely gorgeous. I’m pretty sure it was because it was my replacement birthday. If y’all ain’t in Texas, you should be.
If you were in the greatest state of them all, you could have attended my fabulous night out: Bear had everyone show up at one of my favey fave restaurants that just magically also does BYOB! Aladdin’s is DELISH. They even gave me a birthday card and a $20 gift card since we brought so much business. Bear had a sweet mini chocolate cake for me and cupcakes for everyone else. Then, off we went to dance and drink our bootys off. BUT, the best surprise of all was that two of my oldest and dearest friends (I’ve known Mar since 7th grade!) drove in from Austin to surprise me. Thanks you two, I love you! And thanks for one of the best birthdays ever, love of my life!
As for my horrendous hangover yesterday – it was quite the reminder that I am indeed 26 already. Already. Had a 90 minute hot stone massage, courtesy of a great Groupon and it most certainly helped. I will try to post pics soon. (Of the birthday not the massage. Pervs.)
As Bear and I lay in bed yesterday, we both tried to find some positive things about this upcoming week to try to battle the Sunday night blues. Seeing as how we are both away from home this week in some crappy locales, it was hard to do. But the sun is shining here too, I got to really connect with a coworker tonight at dinner, and we are all one day closer to Friday. Yeehaw!
Oh and did I mention I got my FIRST blog award?
So exciting! Thanks to the sweetest Hope Chella for this…if I could pass it back on to her, I absolutely would. Her internet finds are always exciting and lovely.
And the award goes to, in no particular order:
1. http://coeurdela.blogspot.com/ (because the set up the cutest package exchange which led me to….)
2. http://chelsea-rebecca.blogspot.com/ (one of the most adorable girls I’ve ever “met”)
3. http://chelseatalkssmack.blogspot.com/ (because she totally does)
4. http://www.swoon-online.com/ (her posts are beautiful and she was my first comment, ever!)
5. http://bonbonrose9.blogspot.com/ (kristin is just the sweetest)
6. http://everythingsgold.blogspot.com/ (I wish I could be as zen as this fellow Pisces)
7. http://samanthalee87.blogspot.com/ (she’s spunky and she’s movin on up)
8. http://missneira.blogspot.com/ (fun fun fun! and tons of great fashion)
9. http://sognisorrisi.blogspot.com/ (has an eye for gorgeous)
10. http://jennymayandswede.blogspot.com/ (how adorable are they?)
11. http://www.menandcats.com/ (Too. freakin. cute. I so wish I had thought of it first. P.S. I surprised Bear by having him featured for xmas!)
12. http://newdressaday.wordpress.com/ (last but not least, my homegirl M, my creative idol!)
Don’t forget to:
A. Post the logo on YOUR blog
B. Pass it on to 12 inspirational bloggers.
C. Link the beautiful bloggers in your post and let them know
And if anyone else would like to participate, PLEASE do! Y’all have all inspired me to keep blogging and you allllll deserve an award.
Ok, enough cheesiness.
Happy almost Friday!